Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.: More Mom

Thursday, July 29, 2004

More Mom

Like I said yesterday, they never did hook my mom up to dialysis like they originally said they would. Which is good I guess, if she doesn't really need it, especially considering the price. Yesterday she passed a little urine, but her kidneys still weren't cleaning her system out or anything. Today, though, she has passed a lot more, she's using the bathroom almost regularly, and they said her kidneys are finally starting to work and clean her system a little. They're not even doing anything, they've just got her there under observation. They haven't actually done anything to her since she went to the hospital, they're just observing her and doing urine tests to see if her kidneys have started working yet. Since she seems to be getting better, she thinks she may actually get out soon, maybe Saturday.

So I watched my sister today and yesterday, we just sat around the house all day, playing video games and stuff, and today we watched Hellboy (just playing around with these new features Blogger has), which I bought last night. I'm seriously having to cut my spending lately, it's going to be hard to pay all my bills this month anyway, since I had to pay the car insurance on top of everything else a few weeks ago. But I still bought Hellboy though, I've been waiting for it to come out ever since I saw it. It's got a ton of extras on the DVD also, it's a two DVD set. I haven't watched any of that stuff yet though, I probably will in a few minutes.

I've been playing a lot of video games the last few days, since I've been off any everything. I don't actually play video games very often in recent years. The other day I started a new game over on Metroid Prime, and played that for a few hours. Then the next day I started a new game on The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker, and played that for a few hours as well, but now I've started a new game on Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and have put almost 12 hours of play into it in just a little over two days.

That's all the news I have for now.