Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Friday, June 25, 2004

SCREAM!!!!

ThinkGeek.com now has a Penny Arcade store! It's sheer torture, because I'm poor and major bills are coming up, so I can't spend any money there! I could very easily buy EVERY FUCKING ITEM in the Penny Arcade store! And half of all the other products offered on ThinkGeek.com!

So anyway, I've been meaning to post for a couple of days now, but never have gotten around to it. And now, since several days have passed since most of the things I was going to write about happened, it just seems like they are no longer relevant, and I'm not going to bother writing about them. Don't worry, it was nothing important, it was mostly going to be a long bitch about my next door neighbors and how they play that polka-sounding Spanish music, and Spanish soap operas at a volume so loud that if I spoke Spanish, I would be able to follow the shows, because I can hear the speech perfectly. I don't complain to the manager though, because sometimes my music gets loud, and I am an extremely loud talker, in the rare occasions that I have people over, so I'm hoping that if I don't complain about them, they won't complain about me. A live and let live situation. It's not that bad really, they usually only do it about once a week for some reason.

I have my rat, Freyja's, cage sitting here next to my desk right now, trying to get her used to my company. She still doesn't like me much. She's pretty anti-social for a rat. Rats are normally extremely social animals, who love human company. She seems scared of me. Here's some cool sites I found about rats as pets, and various resources for people who have rats as pets:

Rat & Mouse Club of America

Ratsrule.com

Martin's Cages Inc. Good for all your cage needs, no matter what your pet.

I went over to Daniel's house a couple of nights ago. It wasn't the usual Halo party like usual. We did play some, but that wasn't the whole reason for the gathering. There weren't many people there either, I got there about 5:00pm, and it was just me and Daniel, Phillip got there around 6:00, and we played for a while then. Daniel had me bring my Bokken, a wooden training katana, because he had one too, and Phillip was wanting to see us fight each other or something like that. I was happy to oblige, and so after Phillip got there we went out to the front yard. The fight lasted less than a second, and was over without a blow being struck, or even any sword to sword contact. I was the victor. Me and Daniel faced off, and then when he said go, I lunged, covering the distance between us in one quick movement, while simultaneously sweeping my sword back and around one-handed, bringing it down and stopping it about a couple of feet from his head/neck area, and I just stopped in that position, while he jumped back and freaked out, saying "I give up, you win! Shit! I'm not fighting him, he knows moves!" What's really funny is that I don't actually know any real moves, that was just something natural. I've never really practiced with my sword or anything much, I just did that without hardly even thinking, a result from watching so much anime and samurai and kung fu movies. Phillip didn't want to try fighting me either. It was really fun. I just wish I hadn't ended it so fast, I was looking forward to an actual sword fight of sorts. I then demonstrated for them how, even though it's a wooden training sword, it can cut down plants of a fair size when used right.

Anyway, then Shawn showed up around 8:00, and we got to the main reason for the gathering. Daniel was making Shawn watch Pulp Fiction because he'd never seen it before, and Daniel thinks it's one of the best movies ever made, next to Spiderman. It was the first time I'd seen it all the way through too. I'd seen it in bits and pieces here and there over the years, so that I'd seen pretty much all of it, except for the first 15-20 minutes. It was a good movie. It had some boring parts, but for the most part it was really good. By the time the movie went off it was after 10:30, and since we all had to work the next morning, we went home.

I have to work again tomorrow, ugh. I'm off Sunday though. I'm glad.


"Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he or she sends a tiny ripple of hope. Crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, these simple ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." -- Robert Kennedy