Strange Things are Afoot at the Circle K.

Sunday, October 13, 2002

Last week I said that Tuesday would be links day, but, as you can see, I didn't post any links yesterday. This is not my fault, I tried to. I got online yesterday morning, and got about half my post written, but had to go to work before I could get it done and online. Then, while I was at work, the phone company did something across the street, (or so I'm told) and my phone line was screwed up the rest of the night and I couldn't get online. But now this afternoon it started working again, so here is the post I had intended for yesterday:

Okay, it's Tuesday, and time for links.

This is great. What's sad is that I seriously considered buying it:
eBay item 1389351787

This too, it's so weird I almost HAVE to buy it:
eBay Item 912691540
Make sure you read the artist's bio and description of the artwork, that's the best part.

I found both of those items on this great site:
Disturbing Auctions

Now here's a movement I can REALLY get behind. The Voluntary Human Extinction Movement. And no, it's not a joke, they're serious:
www.vhemt.org

And also, here's a pagan/wiccan view on Overpopulation and why we shouldn't reproduce:
Children and Overpopulation (#5)

Face it, this world is full of people who shouldn't reproduce. Like that total idiot you met yesterday, or that guy with the windbreaker tied around his head, or that person in the "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" picture in the post below.

It's times like this I wish I spoke and read more than a few words in Japanese. I don't what the hell it is, but I do know it's what happens when you mix ascii art with flash animation. I don't know why the cats have penises on their heads, though. I don't know what's going on here, but its extremely funny:
chinko_anesan.swf
There's also this one: uwan.swf



Here is a flash movie that I find to be extremely funny. It's from The Brunching Shuttlecocks, which is a funny site, check it out:
The Adventures of Evil Overmom

Here is another cool site, with various things, including lots of tests and polls you can take, such as these:

My insulting name is Republican Udderbottom!
What's yours?



Which annoying B-list celebrity are you?
Cool, I like Pauly Shore.

Which Colossal Death Robot Are You?
The Story Elements area of the site is cool too, it might come in handy.
Rum and Monkey

Ok, I had more links than that I intended to put up, but I'm having a hard time getting this post online, so I'm stopping here, before something really screws up.